Monday, May 11, 2009

Charlotte's Web

Our class has finished a unit on animals and we've been reading Charlotte's Web to see what it's like living on a farm in a fictional world where animals walk, talk, do back flips, and even spell words like "some pig", "terrific", "radiant", and "humble". Right now we are starting the chapter where Charlotte is getting too tired to create her last, fabulous, web because she's ready to lay her egg sack. Well, last Saturday I was out cleaning the yard and I had apparently upset a beautiful wolf spider with her egg sack. She came crawling out of her corner as fast as she could, dragging her large sack behind her. I ran in the house to get the camera because I instantly thought of our dear friend Charlotte and I wanted to show all of the students. This is what I got for us!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

did you scream? I would of!!!!!!!