Sunday, January 4, 2009

Welcome 2009!

This is exciting to be starting the 2009 year! Does your child know what a new year's resolution is? On Monday January 5, 2009 our class will be learning about resolutions to help us decorate the bulletin board by the office. Come in sometime during the month of January to check it out. I want to thank all of the parents and students that sent Christmas gifts my way. It was wonderful to receive such thoughtful gifts. Can you believe that the school year is half over already?

School will be resuming at full speed! We will be starting right in with center work, reading groups, topic 7 math, word wall words, spelling groups, and all of the other magical things that happen in school. I am still asking for donations of old calendars that have pictures, and I figure that right now would be the best time to ask for them because so many of you will be putting up 2009 calendars. If you have information on your calendars that you would not like to share, you can always paste them to construction paper so that the picture is showing and the Dr. appointments are NOT! If you need paper to help you with this project, just send a note to school with your child and I will be more than happy to supply you with it.

Also, I am looking for empty PLASTIC frozen juice concentrate containers for storage purposes and to use as pencil holders. If you have any that you would like to donate, it would be appreciated. Stay tuned for more pictures and updates!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR TEACHER.
KAYLEE

Anonymous said...

i wonder what we will do today ... . jackson